Careers – Hiring now!
Position: Café Manager
Start Date: July 2017
Salary: Dependent upon skills & experience
Job type: full-time Monday to Friday (Initial fixed term 3 month contract with option to extend)
Owens Coffee is a speciality coffee roaster based in the South West. We produce award winning, professionally crafted, speciality grade, ethically sourced coffee.
We are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic team member who can help to develop our retail business in Cornwall within a busy office innovation centre.
You will be passionate about coffee and food and have a proactive attitude towards providing the centre’s members with food from a simple but fresh and exciting menu. You will work on a daily basis, preparing hot and cold food as well as exceptional coffees to a very high standard of service. You will be responsible for both monitoring and deliver excellent product quality, attractive and clean retail display and comply with health and safety, food hygiene and licensing requirements. You will be responsible for managing stock, ordering from suppliers, opening and closing, cashing up, creating and planning specials on a weekly basis.
Trading hours are 8am to 4.30 pm Monday to Friday. Flexibility on earlier starts or later finishes should be a consideration when applying.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Basic Food Hygiene certificate
- Experience of successful management in the hospitality sector.
- At least 2 years barista experience in high quality coffee making.
- High standards of food preparation.
- Pro-active in customer engagement.
- Show commercial awareness with the ability to assess profitability.
- Demonstrate how you have delivered high quality customer service and operational standards in the past.
Please note successful candidates are required to undergo referencing
Please send a covering letter stating why you should be considered for this role and CV including telephone number to firstname.lastname@example.org,the closing date for this position is 30th June 2017